You are cordially invited to attend the 2012 Pittsburgh International Lung Conference, the ninth in a series of educational conferences for increasing awareness among medical practitioners of the medical and scientific advances being made in treating lung disease. This year’s conference will focus on ACUTE LUNG INJURY: New Mechanisms, Future Therapies, and the Translation to Clinical Care and will be held at the University Club on October 5-6, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This exciting conference aims to provide a forum for the exchange of new and cutting-edge information about ARDS by bringing together leading regional, national, and international experts in the field.
Learn more details about the Pittsburgh International Lung Conference and view videos from the two Activity Directors: Mark T. Gladwin, MD and Rama K. Mallampalli, MD, University of Pittsburgh.Check out the PILC Blog
Friday, October 5, 2012
- "Consensus" (or the lack of it) on the Definition of ARDS
- Clinical Management Variables which Modify Disease Outcome
- Roadblocks to Successful ARDS Clinical Trials
- The Funding of Clinical Trials in ARDS
Saturday, October 6, 2012
- Lung Damage: Novel Mediators of ALI
- Cellular Death and Cytoprotection
- Lung Repair: Tissue Regeneration and Stem Cells
- Lung Innate Immunity