TSI Training Coordinator
The primary responsibility for the candidate for this position is to serve as a mid-level assistant for the Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division in Oklahoma City, Ok. The candidate must understand the needs and requirements of the job, and handle administrative and logistical matters for assigned courses and seminars. To communicate with Division Manager, Program Analyst, Course Manager, Associate Staff, Contract Instructional Staff, Division staff, Course Hosts and a wide range of training participants regarding courses, workshops, and training materials. The candidate reads publications, regulations and directives and may interpret and adapt guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations. For complex situations, or in the absence of the Course Manager, the candidate seeks guidance from the Division Manager and/or Program Analyst. The candidate exercises independent judgement to perform duties and determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations, problems, or deviations in accordance with policies, procedures, guidelines and program goals.
- Compose correspondence or makes recommendations about administrative matters and general office policies. Prepare correspondence/training items in accordance with DOT Correspondence Manual, TSI policy and U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual. Correspondence includes: general memoranda, travel orders/vouchers, certificates, rosters, participant lists, associate staff confirmation memoranda, student confirmation letters, course contact records, print requests, CBA forms, etc. Proofread all typed work to ensure accuracy, correct punctuation, spelling, capitalization, etc., in accordance with U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual.
- Anticipate and prepare materials needed by the task function for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, etc.
- Type/research data for procurement requests and related documents to include, but not limited to: item request want list, receiving notices, shipping, receiving and transfer forms, etc.
- Input data entry in a database management system and print necessary follow-up forms and reports. Entry/forms/reports include: printing, federal express, postage, procurement, travel orders/vouchers, schedule, administrative charges (telephone, space, etc.), and audio visual.
- Create and maintain class files. Ensures all required items are kept in the files. Collects information from files for staff upon request.
- Prepare course materials required for courses, seminars, and workshops well in advance. Notifies Course Manager on non-routine matters and/or issues of significance.
- Answer telephone, take messages, and route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Input and maintain student data/classes in Learning Management System. Type student rosters, class schedules and other class-related documents, obtaining required information from student registration forms provided.
- Audit incoming travel vouchers to assure proper travel reimbursement.
- Research/collect information from travelers to be used to arrange travel via telephone or email system. Set up traveler profile in database management system and government travel system. Input travel data entry into database management system and print necessary follow-up forms and reports. Notify travelers of TSI/TSD travel procedures and provide necessary travel documentation
- Assist in obtaining and reporting mileage on leased government vehicles for certification. Assist in tracking service and maintenance to the leased government vehicles. Assist in operating government vehicle to pick up/deliver materials/supplies in the Oklahoma City area. Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license. Considered incidental operation and shall be required to drive government leased/owned vehicles in order to pick up classroom training aids, supplies and equipment. Assist in delivering government leased/owned vehicles to/from hotels for arriving meeting and class participants.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment.
- Evaluate and select providers of services according to customer requirements.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements.
- Candidate may be required to travel up to one week a month.
- One to three years of extensive experience with Federal Government travel programs. (E2, SATO, GovTrip). Must have current experience with E2 travel system.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive background in computer-based work and data processing.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive experience in the use of current versions of Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Minimum 5 years of appropriate professional knowledge and experience of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in setting up meeting space requirements with hotels
- Minimum 5 years of appropriate professional knowledge and experience of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Able to perform such duties as lifting to 55 pounds, carrying, stooping, and bending
Work Location: Oklahoma City, OK