Event Coordinator Support Specialist
Overview of Position:
Responsible for providing operations and event coordination support to CSL activities that use its facilities to hold conferences, courses, special events and seminars. Contractor will support CSL Operations in facility scheduling and synchronization of support from other CSL divisions to accommodate USAWC and outside agencies on facility set up, communication, broadcasting, and lodging of participants, special travel request, escorts for VIPs, and other duties assigned by the Operations Officer or Director’s staff.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate facility requirements to support USAWC and outside agencies events, to include conference rooms, VIP suites, and VTC rooms, break areas, parking lot and lunch areas.
- Provide oversight in the facilitation of delivery, set-up, and clean-up of group meals and refreshments with food vendors and staff members in conjunction with the event agenda.
- Coordinate for reproduction of documents from educators/speakers as needed.
- Coordinate with host venue for automation support issues.
- Coordinate for material distribution when requested.
- Synchronize with all CSL Departments through a series of In Progress Reviews (IPR) with all event stakeholders to ensure all requirements are identified and implemented.
- Ensure all events are de-conflicted with other events to maximize event space in Collins Hall.
- Maintain CSL events Calendar.
- Prepare, edit and present administrative, operational, and logistical correspondence and reports consistent with CSL policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain CSL reference files, both paper and electronic (use of the portal).
- Coordinate for photography support from the installation media team as needed for events.
- Provide point of contact (POC) information to event attendees for Collins Hall events.
- Prepare and send mailings to Collins Hall event participants as required.
- Provide Collins Hall event attendees with information pertaining to travel, lodging, meals, and administrative details.
- Field telephone calls and email inquiries pertaining to scheduled events to include promoting of Collins Hall event capabilities.
- Coordinate with event venue personnel to ensure the venue has no issues, passing any issues to program directors for resolution.
- Collect end-of-event surveys, consolidate responses, and provide to the responsible Action Officer no later than two weeks after the event.
- Attend and participate in In-Progress Reviews (IPRs) and After Action Reviews (AARs).
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent follow-up, time management and organization skills
- Strong editing, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong budgetary and cost control skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, other departments and vendors
- Ability to work directly with clients in a responsible, appropriate and service oriented way
- Proactive technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Shall be a U.S. Citizen and shall possess at a minimum SECRET clearance.
- 2 years of experience in using the Microsoft office programs to administer documentation, event preparation and reconciliation without any negative results as evidenced by event After Action Reviews (AAR)
- One year experience providing operational support to events.
- Experience with SharePoint portal applications desired
- Former Military/Government experience is desired
- High school diploma is required. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Must process an active SECRET security clearance or able to pass a background investigation and obtain interim SECRET security clearance based on an inactive Secret or higher clearance to be eligible for this position
Location: Carlisle Barracks, PA