Audio-Visual (AV) Production Specialist
Overview of Position:
Responsibility for implementing the Walter Reed National Military Medical center Department of Simulation’s AV equipment support and maintenance program. Performs research on AV systems analyzes problems and requirements, recommends upgrades, integrates equipment, maintenance and repair with limited supervision.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the receipt, issue, requisitioning, procuring and inventory of AV related items
- Responsible for setup, operation, and maintenance of all video recorders, computer editing systems, in-house closed circuit television system, and other A/V equipment owned by the Department of Simulation.
- Responsible for creative program production on audio and video tape including creative video and audio editing techniques.
- Operates fixed and portable video camera(s) in the recording of video footage for use in various educational programs.
- Works closely with employees and supervisors to develop scripts in support of the center’s goals such an emergency operations, educational programs, public affairs, technical, environmental, documentary programs and public service announcements for radio and television.
- Provides narration of video and audio productions and slide productions
- Coordinates the selection of visuals (images, video clips) to provide graphic and photographic materials to be used in production.
- Working knowledge of recording equipment, both video and audio, to select and conform to the appropriate situations in meshing all production aspects together into a completed product.
- Evaluates and updates new audio visual technology to implement and enhance capability to provide state-of-the-art products.
- Create databank of relevant educational videos and images, and other educational content for future use by the Department of Simulation.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, and techniques for communicating information through audio visual means.
- Knowledge of all phases of audiovisual production, programming, and editing, from inception to completion.
- Initiative and resourcefulness in researching the topics to be presented, planning for the most effective means of communication.
- Knowledge and skills to provide varied projects requiring the application of a wide range of planning and productions processes.
- Knowledge in decision making from the final product.
- Resolution of significant technical or interpersonal difficulties that arise during production are handled in a professional, expeditious manner.
- Highly organized; comfortable working with multiple simultaneous priorities / projects
- Five to seven years of working experience in Audio Visual (AV) field
- Technical degree in Audio-Visual Informatics, Design & Planning
Location: Gaithersburg, MD