Active Directory Senior Systems Engineer
|Location:||Fort Huachuca, AZ|
|Security Clearance Status:||Active|
|Security Clearance Type:||Secret|
|US Citizenship Required:||Yes|
|Job Level:||Individual Contributor|
|Employment Status:||Regular Full-Time|
As an Active Directory Senior Systems Engineer ( Systems Engineer IV ) , you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army’s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NETCOM’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments. This position is located in Fort Huachuca, Arizona; relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Providing security engineering and analysis supporting the implementation of Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication (EDS&A) across the Army Enterprise Infostructure (AEI).
- Conducting and documenting security risk threat assessments, and also preparing recommendations for countermeasures.
- Providing security-related technical expertise for both hardware and software components.
- Proving processes and procedures, input determination and analysis to the security policies, risk analysis, accreditation package analysis, and engineering change proposal analysis.
- Providing security expertise to support development of Operational CM baselines for EDS&A tools and systems.
- Developing procedural documents, such as an implementation guides.
- Implementing and standardizing Directory Service, Identity Management, and Active Directory (AD) structures on the NIPRNet, SIPRNet and Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) in the AEI in support of the Enterprise initiative.
- Supporting the Enterprise AD architecture design and migration fielding.
- Contributing NIPRNET/SIPRNET/DoDIN AD migration support to an AD and EDS environment.
- Providing operational engineering support in continued development of the Army Enterprise AD/EDS system.
- Supporting AD infrastructure design and migration.
- Identifying and providing enterprise hardware and software requirements for Identity and Access Management (IdAM).
- Verifying and validating the Army Directory Services architecture in accordance with industry best business practices.
- Modifying network design infrastructure to identify PPS for global Enterprise constructs.
- Reviewing and making recommendations for the alignment of project requirements with related AD applications, and EDS enterprise designs and plans.
- Providing engineering integration support to mitigate unforeseen technical issues during Configuration Change and Release Management (CCRM).
- Developing standardized Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) model design and management in support of the multiple AD/EDS environments across the Army, and developing programmatic scripts as necessary.
- Identifying and confirming that derived enterprise solutions are consistent, are without redundancy, and do not negatively impact operations.
- Conducting AD and enterprise testing for related operational Requests for Change (RFCs) submitted to NETCOM.
- Providing and documenting design integration of proposed technologies for the Army Enterprise.
- Providing EDS and Remote Desktop Service (RDS) system sustainment engineering and analysis support for the legacy EDS.
- Providing input for Project RFC submissions for Configuration Management Board (CMB) review.
- Defining, documenting, and sustaining internal (Army) and external (DISA) system Common Interfaces (CIs) for consistent and persistent delivery of Exchange services as delivered from the DISA Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) environment.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): Secret (in accordance with AR 25-2).
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field with seven years practical experience, or twelve years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): DoD 8570 IAT Level III (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP).
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or higher
- Seven years of hands-on experience with how Directory Services products and services interrelate in order to ensure NetOps capability integration in support of the LWN mission.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Preferred IASAE III (CISSP- ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP)
- Working knowledge and understanding of enterprise Directory Services concepts, AD, Messaging, and EDS procedures