ACAS Senior Systems Engineer
|Location:||Fort Huachuca, AZ|
|Security Clearance Status:||Active|
|Security Clearance Type:||Secret|
|US Citizenship Required:||Yes|
|Job Level:||Individual Contributor|
|Employment Status:||Regular Full-Time|
As an ACAS Senior Systems Engineer, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. You will support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army's maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NETCOM”s mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
This position is located in Fort Huachuca, Arizona. Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities:
- Accomplish the Mission while always taking care of our People and Families
2. Operationalize the Command
a. Establish clear roles/responsibilities within the Command
b. Standardize our operational/Technical implementations and processes across the Command
c. Build an Operational Support capability within the Headquarters
3. Integrate vertically with ARCYBER/Second Army and horizontally with our Supported Commands
4. Lead and synchronize the execution of the Army’s Network Modernization effort
a. Build on, inherently Joint network based on centralized management; decentralized execution
b. Accelerate the Army’s network collapse efforts, strategic and tactical
5. Rapidly build and employ Cyber Mission Forces and Capabilities
6. Set and then balance our team to match resources to mission across all Theaters.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Drafting system support requirements documentation, for review in order to support the NDNIA/ACAS suite of software tools.
- Researching and analyzing DoD and Department of the Army (DA) policies to mitigate implementation problems that may impact the NDNIA/ACAS implementation
- Directing and participating in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E).
- Performing high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex capabilities that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
- Developing draft NDNIA/ACAS sustainment support documentation for updating and utilization of current and future LandWarNet architectures, change control, configuration management, and operations procedures.
- Designing and preparing technical reports, graphs, charts and related documentation to record results.
- Providing Tier III sustainment support during migration and implementation of tech refresh life cycle.
- Providing operational engineering support for the Configuration Management (CM) process in support of routine patching, synchronization with AGM and day-to-day operational issues.
- Supporting NDNIA/ACAS planning, architecture, technical integration, project management, engineering, testing, training, coordination, implementation, and technical support in the Army Enterprise.
- Supporting large-scale implementations NDNIA/ACAS products.
- Applying higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solutions.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at start date):
- IAT III (CISA, GCIH,
- GCED, CISSP (or Associate), CASP).
- IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002)
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of start date):
- Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) or
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or
- Tenable Certified Security Engineer (TCSE) certification
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT and Seven (7) years practical experience (twelve years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five years of experience in the following areas:
- Active Directory and Directory Services,
- Intermediate Network Management,
- Microsoft Virtualization,
- VMware Virtualization,
- Server/Desktop Hardware (e.g. Dell, HP),
- Microsoft and Red Hat Linux System Administration (SA) and Engineering.
Skills and expertise in the following technologies: SQL/XSQL Server Administrator (SA), MAC O/S and security, Information Assurance (IA), IP Data Networking and Vulnerability Assessment product engineering and design, IP network vulnerability scanner Tier 3 support, REM 3.X / Retina 5.X and greater, ACAS Security Center 4.X / Nessus 5.X or greater and HP Tenable Nessus products.